Sugar-Free Vegan Chocolate Pudding
The day is here! The day is here! I finally get to share with you my surprise recipe for fat-free, sugar-free, vegan chocolate pudding!
I’m so excited!
This recipe was a total fluke. Last week, I wanted something sweet; but what do you eat when you live sugar-free? Well…I always go for sugar-free hot chocolate. It’s delish!
But as most of you know, for the last month, I’ve been eating fat-free as well. I’m on a short-term treatment protocol that requires that I live fat-free for 4-months. So, I can’t have cow’s milk or almond milk. In fact, I can’t drink any store bought milk because they all contain oil.
So, I’ve been making fat-free RAW brown rice milk, right here in my very own kitchen (and feeling very smug about my brilliant innovation).
I thought I could use the RAW brown rice milk in my sugar-free hot chocolate. But something magical happened instead.
As I was heating up the hot chocolate, the RAW brown rice milk started to thicken. And, before I knew it, I had a hot, bubbly cauldron of chocolate pudding! Totally unintentional. Totally serendipitous!
I’ve never come across a recipe like this before. And, I’m so happy that I can share it with you.
- 2 cups of RAW brown rice milk. Follow the linked recipe. **only strain the milk once, through a fine metal mesh strainer. Don’t use a nut milk bag. You need the milk to contain a fair bit of RAW brown rice starch**
- 1 tsp of RAW organic vanilla powder OR 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of RAW cocoa/chocolate powder
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 25-30 drops of vanilla liquid stevia (I use NuNaturals alcohol-free vanilla liquid stevia)
- In a small sauce pot, pour in the RAW brown rice milk (make sure you shake the milk up before pouring it out)
- Add the vanilla powder OR extract, along with the sea salt and vanilla liquid stevia
- Heat the milk at high heat, until it starts to bubble
- Lower the heat to medium/low until the mixture thickens to a pudding consistency
- Pour the hot pudding into small bowls and cool the pudding on the counter for 15 minutes
- Place the pudding in the fridge until it’s cool and ready to eat!