Sugar-Free Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes
Welcome to another Food Love Friday, where I share with you sugar-free & gluten-free recipes to help you to reinvent your health. This week I’ve created a recipe for sugar-free chocolate chip banana pancakes; this is a Level 3 sugar-free recipe, meaning, this incredible comfort food is only sweetened with fruit and stevia, only. There is no added sugar in any recipe on this website.
We got hit with a wintery blast this week in Toronto, and the howling wind and blowing snow sent me straight to the kitchen to create a stack of gluten-free banana chocolate chip pancakes that are also Level 3 sugar-free. (Find out more about the Levels of living sugar-free here.)
I set myself up on the couch with a cup of tea (I’m a total tea freak) and a stack of these pancakes topped with blueberry coconut syrup (sugar-free as well), as I watch a couple episodes of Girls (one of my favorite shows).
By the time my love arrived home, I had eaten all of the pancakes, and I really wanted more, but I resisted the urge.
This recipe is perfect if you’re having company over for Sunday brunch. And, they’ll be shocked, amazing, bewildered, and ecstatic to discover that there’s no added sugar in this recipe.
You can’t get any healthier pancakes than these.
To make them chocolately, yet sugar-free, I used my sugar-free chocolate chips (you can find the recipe here). I keep a bag of my chocolate chips in the freezer, and drop a few on each cooking pancake.
- 1 + 1/3 cup of brown rice flour
- 2 medium bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- sugar-free chocolate chips (recipe here)
- Put all ingredients into a blender, and mix for 2 minutes.
- Heat-up a pan on your stove on medium heat.
- Grease your pan with coconut oil or grape seed oil
- Pour the batter from the blender container into the heated pan to form pancakes.
- Drop a few sugar-free chocolate chips onto your pancakes before flipping them.
- To serve, pour some sugar-free blueberry syrup on top.
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 15 drops of alcohol-free vanilla liquid stevia
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- Into a small pot, place all of the ingredients.
- Bring the mixture up to a simmer.
- Then pour the mixture into a blender.
- Blend into a smooth syrup.
- Pour back into the pot to keep warm.