How to Make a Vegan Smoothie Bowl: Sweet Liberation Episode 7
Even though it’s only spring, I’m already thinking about summer. And, what would summer be like without ice cream?
Dismal. Boring. Blegh!
I love my ice cream just as much as any girl. But, for me, I’m out for a much healthier version. I don’t want anything that contains oodles of added sugar. I want my body to still love me after I indulge.
So, in this week’s episode of Sweet Liberation — my sugar-free cooking show — learn how to make a Blueberry Creamsicle Smoothie Bowl. It’s just like ice cream, but it’s vegan and so much better for your body because it isn’t crammed with any added sugar.
Instead, this luscious vegan ice cream is filled with health rockin’ superfoods to rev-up your energy and immune system.
The recipe is below.
Leave a comment below. What do you think about this recipe?
- 1/3 cup of coconut milk
- 1 frozen, peeled orange
- 1/3 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp mesquite powder or lacuma powder (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 10 drops of alcohol free liquid stevia
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- nuts, shredded coconut, or cocoa nibs to top
- Place all ingredients into a Vitamix.
- Use your Vitamix tamper to push the mixture into the blending blades.
- Blend until smooth (about 2 minutes).
- Scoop the smoothie mixture into a bowl, and top with shredded coconut, banana, and nuts.