Gluten-Free Cinnamon Raisin Waffles: Sweet Liberation Episode 3
Most people repel from the idea of cutting back on their sugar consumption because they believe that if they give up sugar, they also have to give up cakes, muffins, puddings, and breads.
Are you one of those people?
Do you believe that living sugar-free means living a life without sweetness?
Well…I’m here to let you know that you don’t have to give up chocolate, muffins, cakes, or even waffles. You can enjoy sweet, indulgent treats without eating sugar. You just have to learn how.
In this week’s Sweet Liberation Episode, I’m going to teach you how to many incredible gluten-free & sugar-free cinnamon raisin waffles.
You can top these waffles with butter, nut butter, sugar-free jam, or fresh fruit and sugar-free whipped cream. I also love to use gluten-free waffles as a bread base for an open-faced sandwich.
Click here to watch episode 3 of Sweet Liberation, and discover how you can get waffles on your plate, without eating sugar. (Keep scrolling; the recipe is below)
- 1 cup of chickpea flour (also called Besan flour)
- 3 tbsp of tapioca starch/flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 2 pinches of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon + more to sprinkle on top
- 1 cup of organic raisins
- 1 egg
- 1 + 1/4 cup of cow’s milk
- Heat your waffle iron to a hot temperature. You need a hot waffle iron; the recipe won’t work if the iron doesn’t get very hot.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, whisk all of the dry ingredients together.
- Add the egg and cow’s milk & whisk thoroughly.
- Using a pastry brush, oil your waffle iron liberally.
- Pour the batter into the waffle iron, and sprinkle the top of the batter with cinnamon and raisins before you close the lid to cook the waffles.
- Cook the waffles until medium to deep brown. It will take about 4 minutes.
- Serve with nut butter, cow’s butter, fruit, sugar-free jam, or sugar-free whipped cream.