Sugar-Free Chai Tea Lemonade
Last week, we kicked off barbecue season for this hot, sunny, big blue sky summer, by hopping on over to my neighbour’s house to celebrate Pride weekend. My fabulous neighbour, Armen, whipped up some incredible Armenian food: I wish I could eat at Armen’s house, every day.
Now, Armen knows me really well — he knows that I’m a sugar-free swashbuckler, so he made a batch of this super tasty chai tea lemonade that I’m sharing with you today. (He’s so sweet; thanks, Armen!)
Lightly spiced with cinnamon, chai tea is so scrumptious served hot with coconut milk and stevia. But, at Armen’s house, I discovered that chai tea is also so yummy as sugar-free iced tea with extra lemon and minty oomph.
So, kick back and relax this sunny summer with a quick Sugar-Free Chai Tea Lemonade. Enjoy!
- 3 cups of strongly brewed chai tea (4 cups of boiled water with 6 chai tea bags)
- 2 cups of plain water
- Juice from 1 +1/2 lemons (remove the pits)
- 30 Drops of NuNaturals vanilla liquid stevia
- Mint leaves
- Into a large pitcher, pour 3 cups of cooled, strongly brewed chai tea (I place 6 chai tea bags into 4 cups of boiled water, and I brew it for 15 minutes, then cool it).
- Add 2 cups of plain water to the pitcher.
- Add the juice from 1 1/2 lemons (remember to remove the pits)
- Add 30 drops of NuNatural’s vanilla liquid stevia.
- Add 6 mint leaves and stir.