RAW Purple Grape Sorbet With Blueberry Sauce
This week we picked-up our organic farm share, and were surprised to find organic purple grapes inside the box. Of course I was excited; getting grapes in our box is a rare occurrence.
I thought that I was just going to eat this little harvest of grapes, straight up. But my love, who is a chef FYI, suggested that I make some RAW purple grape sorbet — so here we are!
Making fruit sorbet at my house is super easy. We have an Omega 8006 juicer that not only makes super fantastic juices, it also can grind frozen fruit up into a lovely RAW sorbet. So, for this recipe, I am using my Omega juicer; but don’t feel as if you’ll be left out. You can also quickly blend frozen grapes in a blender or a Cuisinart.
- 1 large bunch of frozen purple grapes. Skin on is fine.
- 1/2 cup of blueberries frozen or thawed.
- 1 big, fat medjool date
- 1 tsp of water
- Pick the grapes off the stem. Make sure that you remove all of the little stem pieces.
- I turned my juicer on and poured all the frozen grapes into the receiving inlet. The juicer did it’s job and masticated the grapes into fabulous RAW sorbet. You can also pour your frozen grapes into a blender and pulse until a smooth, frozen consistency is achieved.
- In a small Cuisinart or blender, pour 1/2 cup of blueberries in, along with one medjool date (make sure to remove the pit). Add 1 tsp of water, and blend away. You want the mixture to be smooth.