Cucumber, Apple, Red Onion Salad With Avocado Dressing
Sweet, yet tangy, this recipe is one of the most popular in our house. We call it “The Mixture”.
Served with organic Mary’s Crackers, this recipe is a fabulous alternative to making a sandwich. Just use the crackers to scoop up the mixture, and you have one of the most delicious gluten-free snacks ever.
Take this scrumptious dish on a picnic. Or simply make a big batch, and keep it in your fridge until you’re ready to devour it. Letting it stand and marinate for a while only adds to the lovely, sweet, tangy flavour.
- 1 medium sized cucumber
- 1 sweet red apple
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 ripe avocado (soft to the touch)
- 3 tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- Sea salt and black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, place half of the avocado
- Mash the 1/2 avocado until smooth and creamy
- Add 3 tbsp of raw apple cider vinegar to the avocado and mix well
- Peel and deseed the cucumber (just peel it, and cut it length wise. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon).
- Chop the cucumber into bite sized pieces
- Chop the apple into bite sized pieces
- Finely chop the red onion
- Chop the remaining 1/2 avocado
- Add the cucumber, apple, red onion and avocado to the avocado and vinegar dressing
- Add 3 pinches of sea salt and two pinches of black pepper
- Mix everything in the bowl thoroughly