Chocolate, Hemp & Goji Berry Bliss Bites
Living sugar-free doesn’t mean that you have to live without sweet, chocolately treats. Today’s recipe is about freeing yourself from the idea that taking care of your body requires extreme deprivation and sword wielding martyrdom.
After making these scrumptious, sugar-free bliss bites, I walked on over to my lovely neighbour’s house so that he could sample this latest creation. I love to share everything that I make, especially with people who don’t live sugar-free, because I want as many people as possible to know that there is indulgence to experience, and a sweetness to savour, without exposing your body to added sugar. My neighbour ended up loving them, and he said, ‘these would be perfect to serve at a Christmas party’. And, I agree!
The sweetness from fruit and alcohol-free, liquid stevia are perfect to make any dessert heavenly. This recipe only contains the natural sweetness of dates.
Today’s Bliss Bite recipe is filled with the superfood, antioxidant power to raw cocoa powder and goji berries. They also contain a protein punch from hemp seeds and almonds.
This recipe is perfect for anyone living up to a Level-3 Sugar-free lifestyle (not familiar with the levels of living sugar-free? Click here to read more.)
Take these easy-to-whip-up morsels with you to any holiday get together or celebration, and all of your friends and family will be thrilled.
- In a high speed blender, grind the goji berries into a gritty sand consistency.
- In a food processor, pour in the almonds, 1/4 cup of hemp seeds, Medjool dates, sea salt, vanilla powder, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, and ground goji berries.
- Turn the food processor on for about 2 minutes — until the mixture becomes very sticky.
- In a separate, small bowl, pour in 1/8 of a cup of hemp seeds and 1/8 of a cup of shredded coconut.
- Using a 1/2 tsp measuring spoon, scoop out the bliss bite mixture and roll into a ball using the palms of your hands.
- Then roll the balls in the hemp seeds and coconut: you can gentle press the hemp seeds and coconut onto each ball.
- Store the bliss bites in the fridge for up to 4 days.